The 2021 Holiday Boutique

Take advantage of the opportunity, and holiday shop at St. Luke’s for a cause!

Samantha Bauer '23, Guest Contributor

The Holiday Boutique is a St. Luke’s tradition. It’s an after-school shopping opportunity where non-profits and SLS clubs maintain booths and sell products for a cause. This year, the Holiday Boutique will take place on December 7th. There will be 16 booths selling a variety of items; from bracelets to cookie jars to pottery, the Holiday Boutique will have the perfect gift you are looking for!

The St. Luke’s Service Board, which runs the Holiday Boutique every year, will be selling cookie jars. Each jar contains the ingredients needed to make delicious cookies. The members of the club worked together to make the jars and will maintain the booth. The profits will be donated to Filling in the Blanks, a nonprofit based in Norwalk, CT. Filling in the Blanks was founded by Tina Kramer, a St. Luke’s parent, and Shawnee Knight. Many students enjoy volunteering their time at Filling in the Blanks, so please drop by and pick up your holiday cookies for the making! 

The Sustainability Club will be selling Water Rafiki Friend Chains and Native Bracelets, which are made out of recycled flip-flops. The Native Bracelets are made by a women’s organization in Djenné, Mali, West Africa. This organization provides these women with the means to support themselves and their families. The Sustainability Club previously sold these fair trade bracelets at Homecoming this past fall. The proceeds will go to Keep America Beautiful, a non-profit based in Stamford, CT that has instigated recycling challenges and campaigns, as well as organized river and land clean-ups. The organization may be based in Connecticut, but it has worked with states all over the USA to educate and inspire people to protect the environment. 

Ambler Farm is a local farm in Wilton, CT that will be selling their merchandise at the Holiday Boutique. They will be selling items such as maple syrup, t-shirts, sweatshirts, baseball caps, winter hats, key chains, mugs, and Ambler Farm-themed puzzles. The money will support the farm’s needs and their summer camp and apprentice program for kids and teens. Be sure to check out their farm stand and volunteer opportunities!

There will be many more non-profit organizations and SLS clubs at the Holiday Boutique, so stop by and check it out on December 7th from 3:00-5:00 pm!