The Student News Site of St. Luke's School

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

SLS on Instagram

Wake up, it’s 2018: Fortnite OG Map Re-Release is Taking Over Students’ Hearts

Creative Commons

On November 3, Epic Games re-released the Chapter One Season Five map of the famed game, Fortnite. The response to the relaunch has been overwhelmingly positive, with a majority of St. Luke’s students dusting off their Xboxes and rebooting the game.

The release of this map has brought many players back to the game. In fact, the release of the old map set a new record for concurrent players, surpassing the old record during the game’s prime. Epic Games developer states “44.7 million people played on November 4th”. Jack Lyons ‘24 said of the re-release, “The map brought back such a sense of nostalgia.” He “reconnected with friends” that he has not talked to in years.

While the Chapter One Season Five map instills a sense of nostalgia for many players, Lyons wishes they released the earlier seasons. He hopes they bring back Moisty Myers, Dusty Depot, and Anarchy Acres. 

The game will continue to release older versions of the map and previously removed items on the Battle Pass, until ending this nostalgic release on November 23. 

So, reboot the Xbox or whatever device you play on, and go back in time to 2018. Fortnite is back, and it is bigger than ever.

View Comments (1)