The Student News Site of St. Luke's School

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

SLS on Instagram

Georgia Bennett: Lacrosse and Leadership

Frozen Moments Photography

Georgia Bennett ‘25 has been an essential part of the St. Luke’s lacrosse program for the past four years. Bennett joined the girl’s varsity lacrosse team in eighth grade, and has started every game since. The junior continues her lacrosse reign at the Hilltop, serving as team captain, a role mainly held by seniors. Currently, she has scored 128 goals for the St. Luke’s Storm. 

Bennett’s lacrosse journey began in the first grade. She said, “It was the first year the Fairfield youth [lacrosse] program was provided, and it seemed like a fun new thing to try.”

Although she takes lacrosse more seriously today, she still views the sport as a way to have fun and genuinely enjoys playing the game. 

When asked about Bennett’s contribution to the St. Luke’s lacrosse program, her teammates had nothing but praise. 

“She brings a sense of confidence that rubs off on everybody and makes us stronger as a team,” MJ Owens ‘24 said. 

Alongside the senior, freshmen players also expressed their admiration for Bennett, highlighting her value as a leader. 

Chloe Staikos ‘27 said, “She possesses the leadership skills that we need in order to succeed.” 

While Zoe Brody ‘27 said, “She leads by example and organizes our practices.”

Bennett’s dedication and positive influence have undoubtedly elevated the team’s performance and cohesion.

Georgia not only plays for St. Luke’s, but she is also a tenacious defender for her club team, Gold Coast. When asked about her experience playing on a club team, Bennett said, “I get to play with and against girls who are looking to play at the collegiate level, making it faster paced and more competitive. I love it!” 

Gold Coast has allowed Bennett to play outside of school, granting her more opportunities to further improve her playing skills.

In the future, Bennett hopes to continue her lacrosse career at the collegiate level: “Being a part of a team is really important to me. I love to be in a team environment and thrive off the daily structure lacrosse gives me.” 

Bennett’s exceptional game IQ, athletic ability, unwavering determination, and upbeat attitude will undoubtedly make her a valuable addition to any college team.

View Comments (1)